Monday, July 29, 2013

Update Post

Long time no update yes?  Aside from having no space before (when we used to still live at our uncle's place), there was barely time.  Now that I have the space (sort of) because we moved already (praise Jesus!), I don't have the laptop and barely have time for it.

So my laptop I gave to my sister before I went back home to the Philippines after Christmas holidays, and the one I have been using ever since was my old Acer laptop which resurrected from retirement.  My old 2006 Acer lappy cannot connect to the connection setting at our new place because it has been left behind from technology.  I am seriously considering saving up for a Mac, but that is really not a priority right now.  It has actually been a while since I have been online via laptop, I have been using my iPad mini and iPhone for all that.  You can imagine it isn't as easy typing down my rant with those keypads.

So just a quick update:

  • I work at Prometric Testing Center as a Test Center Administrator, hire date: April 17, 2013.  I do not like the job, I actually hate it and I am working up the nerve to tell my supervisor that I want to quit. 
  • I work at Aegis Living as a Concierge, hire date: June 24, 2013.  The job is way better than the TCA job and I am thankful for the schedule, 4 10-hour days. 
  • I just very recently decided to go back and work for Taco Bell, hire date: July 26, 2013.  Told you it was very recent.  1 day a week, 10 hours.  Just for the fun of it.  I miss the labor, the people I used to work with.  They pay is low compared to the TCA job, but I'll take it over that.  It isn't always about the money. :) 

  • I have started to process my petition for my boyfriend's fiance visa, mid June.  Now, the waiting game. 
  • Did I mention we moved?  Our own small place, but at least we get the space and privacy.  I cannot complain. 
  • I have become more financially independent.  I have to start, I am already 23 years old for crying out loud! 
So that is the quick update in bullet form.  Today I started to put acrylic oil on canvass again.  The outcome wasn't pleasing, but I keep in mind I can only get better by practice. :)




I am still seriously thinking about going back to school, but I don't know what course to take yet and I don't think I have saved enough to be able to comfortably provide for myself and my education. HA! Hearing myself talk so mature makes me want to puke a bit.  I honestly still have to remind myself I am not longer a teenager.

I have been reading again too!  The library here is awesome.  I have been going to the Lynnwood library, borrowing books and scanning / printing stuff for FREE!  Oh boy, this is now probably long enough?  Well, I have  a lot more to rant about and hopefully I will have more time for that in the coming days!  Did I mention I really want to quit the TCA job? :p YES!

from the upper apartment,
J a.k.a. Allie

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails