Saturday, August 3, 2013

Contentment, Where Are You?

Before, I always thought being content isn't as good as people make it sound like. Contented people stay where they are, they lack ambition, they are stuck and do not make something better out of their lives (generally speaking). 

When I landed my first job in Seattle, at Taco Bell, I refused to be contented. I cannot do Taco Bell my whole life. It was frustrating to think I went to school for so long and only to land a job at Taco Bell. Maybe it hit my ego or whatever (I definitely am sure it hit my pride) but I really wanted out of there. I went home and looked for a job and found one. I stayed longer than intended. Soon enough I left to fly back here at Washington again. The job I landed there did not do me good either. Yes, I was not contented.

I got back here and landed a job at a testing center. Working there, makes me feel like "please, kill me now". I cannot wait to quit, but I can't just yet because they are already short of people as it is. I am totally unhappy there that I only gave them my Saturdays and my Fridays I took and gave to Taco Bell, the job I left about a year ago because I refused to be stuck there. This time is different though. I work there not because I have to, thankfully I have a full time concierge job that I do not hate to answer my financial needs. Working back at Taco Bell is more for a past time now, and social life I guess? I did gain friends during my time there. 



Second Friday back at Taco Bell was stressful because of the inspection and the presence of the big boss, but other than that, time flew and before I knew it I am home relaxing. I dread the long and slow day at the testing center tomorrow. Sure they pay more, but I am blessed that now I do not have the need for it anymore. 

I have strayed quite far from the topic at hand: contentment. Lol. I tend to do that a lot, get sidetracked. Anyhow, I think it is sad that I do not find contentment in any of the three jobs I have now. I am thankful though that I do not hate my full time job and I can quit the job I hate at anytime. But this being not content also tells me that I am ambitious, I know I can do more. I guess that is a good thing? I just pray the Lord will grant my perseverance and strength to follow through my being ambitious. 

Tired Feet, Aching Back, and Sleepy Eyes, 
Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails