Monday, August 19, 2013

MAC for Student

So I have been thinking about getting myself a MAC on my birthday, which is the 16th of next month.  But I guess my birthday gift came a month early.

I was getting all tired at work again.  Working 10 hours a day for 6 days straight does have its moments that gets to you.  So on the last day before I am free for my one and only day off, I decided to go visit the Apple store when I get off.  The more I sat on the idea, the more I looked forward to it and the lighter my chest felt.

You see, I have also been feeling down since Thursday night.  I took a placement exam at college, and I did quite well actually considering it has been two years since I took exams, studied, and did all those student stuff.  I aced the reading and comprehension.  I did fair on math, which was quite depressing because I honestly expected better from myself.  It also did not help that I was holding in my pee because I did not know if we were allowed restroom breaks.  I later found out at the end of the exam that we were allowed breaks!  I also had a headache prior to taking the exam because I just got off a busy day at work.  The guy told me I can take the essay writing test thing I was qualified for so that I can "challenge" a few of the courses and up my placement in English.  As for the math, he said I can study and retake it if I want to place higher than the placement I got.  I honestly did not get any studying done; did I mention I work 10 hours a day?  So after getting the results, I was ready to register for class, but I see how my parents were not in full support of me taking on studying again.  I understand where they are coming from.  Practically speaking it is better I work and save, but it honestly is not all about money for me.  I guess I am just not practical as dad wants me to be, but I do want to achieve something for myself.

I honestly felt my last graduation was rushed since we had to migrate to the states, and I did have a handful of help from my boyfriend and my friend Marchele in getting that diploma.  Also a great deal of understanding from our dean and my college professors who allowed me to take the course online.  Special case, special consideration.  I was quite a head turner when I flew home for graduation; imagine people not seeing me the whole semester and having me graduate with them.  Anyhow, back to the MAC.  My old laptop was still working but it could not get through the high level security of the WiFi here at our place since it is old.  I also got tired of browsing using my cellphone or ipad, because a laptop or PC is just different.  I also got tired of borrowing from my sister.  I gave her the laptop I recently bought from my first black friday here in the US last 2011.

So worst case scenario is I save up and enroll for winter quarter.  If I find an online course I am interested in, I can sign up for the for the fall quarter.  I wanted to enroll CS115 but the schedule will need adjustment form my work schedule and could cut my hours at work, considering if my employers agree to the adjustment.

After getting the MAC I also felt a bit guilty.  I told myself I would not want to spend on anything big until my boyfriend gets here.  But it is just hard for me without a laptop. Just because I am a netizen (haha!).

So basically my last two weeks in bullet form:

  • work 
  • thought about accepting a position as a cook for free training
  • did not push through the cook plan
  • applied to two colleges
  • got accepted to both colleges
  • took placement test for the college I want to go to
  • registered for a class
  • unregistered for a class
  • got a MBPR
  • went to Snoqualmie Falls with Family (today)  

Also, it is a good thing I got the MAC yesterday because until September 6 they have this back to school promo.  Students get like $50 or so off the MAC and a gift card for iTunes/ App Store worth $100. :)  Thank you Lord I now have a laptop!

That is basically it.  This is basically a rant of my frustration in getting back to student life and my getting a new laptop haha.

Oh well, my blog my rant. 

Over and out,
Allie

PS:  I am praying for the family of my good, good friend Choods.  Wish I were there for you my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails